- a green crystal (violet in water) used as a dye or stain or bactericide or fungicide or anthelmintic or burn treatment
- Crystal Violet (Sigma)
- However, in aquaculture fishery products imported from China residues of malachite green and crystal violet have now also been detected.
- In addition, aquaculture fishery products referred to in Part II of the Annex shall be tested for the presence of malachite green and crystal violet and their metabolites.
- Member States may allow the import of aquaculture fishery products from China that are not accompanied by the results of the chemical test for the presence of malachite green and crystal violet and their metabolites for a period of maximum six weeks from the entry into force of this Decision provided that the importing Member State ensures that each of those products undergoes test for the presence of malachite green and crystal violet and their metabolites.
- The analytical tests must be carried out, in particular, with a view to detecting the presence of chloramphenicol, metabolites of nitrofurans, tetracycline, malachite green and crystal violet in conformity with Council Regulation (EEC) No 2377/90  and Commission Decision 2002/657/EC .Article 3
- It is appropriate to provide for a transitional period to authorise the import of consignments of aquaculture fishery products that are not accompanied by the results of tests for residues of malachite green and crystal violet, provided that the Member States ensure that those consignments undergo appropriate tests on arrival in the Community.