- overledene; overledene; dode
someone who is no longer alive
- He deceased yesterday.
- I often think about my deceased mother.
- The deceased was eighty years old.
- She has a claim on her deceased husband's estate.
- I dedicate this tears to all the deceased.
- A monument was erected in memory of the deceased.
- The Emperor prayed for the souls of the deceased.
- Does anyone know the name of the deceased?
- I have known the deceased for a long time.
- A monument has been erected to the memory of the deceased.
- Christopher Columbus once discovered an entire ship of deceased sailors... and politely ignored it.
- He wants to be a husband at every wedding, and the deceased at every funeral.
- He got down on his knees and prayed for the souls of the deceased.
- In some areas of the world, you can still get sued if you slander or libel a deceased person.
- In a traditional Javanese burial, before the grave is filled in, someone close to the deceased will go down into it and shout into his ear the Muslim profession of faith. The message is "Don't forget. Especially not now."