- It was an intricate scheme to defraud the rightful heirs.
- New, or different threats, or attempts to defraud the system should be brought to the Commission's attention.
- Losses due to acts of a type intended to defraud, misappropriate property or circumvent the law, by a third party
- Detecting and preventing the use of devices to defraud the tachograph system is on ongoing process and one that requires constant vigilance in addressing.
- The same research has shown that a number of manipulations are possible and known to exist in the road transport sector to attempt to defraud the tachograph, in particular the digital tachograph system.
- Losses due to acts of a type intended to defraud, misappropriate property or circumvent regulations, the law or company policy, excluding diversity/discrimination events, which involves at least one internal party
- Research and information from experts have established that attempts to defraud the tachograph system have been widespread in vehicles equipped with analogue tachographs; similar attacks and threats are now being made to the digital tachograph system.
- This Recommendation forms, together with a proposed Directive on additional checks to be carried out at the roadside, a package of enforcement measures that aim to considerably improve the detection and prevention of devices used to defraud the digital tachograph system.
- Following the introduction of the digital tachograph, the Commission has been made aware of a new threat posed by the installation of devices intended to defraud the system and thereby undermine the effectiveness of the implementation of the social legislation relating to road transport.
- To bring to an end the most common abuses and attempts to defraud the system, the Commission will as appropriate examine the possibility of introducing further more detailed legislative measures in the review of Regulation (EEC) 3821/85 and its Annexes.