- a usually brief state of excitement and mental confusion often accompanied by hallucinations
- There's a widespread delirium.
- Delirium of one person is called madness. Delirium of thousands of people is called religion.
- We don't help racists to promote their delirium caused by ignorance and stupidity.
- On the inquest it was shown that Buck Fanshaw, in the delirium of a wasting typhoid fever, had taken arsenic, shot himself through the body, cut his throat, and jumped out of a four-story window and broken his neck—and after due deliberation, the jury, sad and tearful, but with intelligence unblinded by its sorrow, brought in a verdict of death "by the visitation of God." What could the world do without juries?
- Delirium Convulsions