- having high relative density or specific gravity
"dense as lead"
- Dense bushes concealed him.
- Tom can't believe how dense Mary is.
- The dense fog made the building invisible.
- In a Fréchet space, the countable intersection of open dense sets is itself dense.
- There is a dense population of young people around here.
- Rational points are dense on the unit circle.
- Because of the dense fog, nobody could be seen.
- Because of the dense fog, nothing could be seen.
- Mr Smith lost his way in the dense fog.
- Our plane couldn't land on account of the dense fog.
- There is a dense growth of vines in this forest.
- The fog was so dense, we could hardly see anything.
- The man was hiding in a dense forest.
- The freight train was held up about half an hour because of a dense fog.
- The mist was so dense that I could not see even an inch ahead.