- a punishment in which a student must stay at school after others have gone home
"the detention of tardy pupils"
- Tom is in detention.
- Tom was given detention for talking during class.
- He was given a detention for being out after curfew.
- He forgot to bring his homework, so he got detention.
- No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.
- Detention index
- Date of detention order
- Conditions of detention
- Duration of detention:
- Rectification and detention
- duration of detention, in days;
- Detention of minors and families
- date, country, port of detention.
- Detention index of a company