- Measurements shall be done during the dormancy period.
- Evergreen species: sampling shall be done during the dormancy period.
- The measurements of increment changes in accordance with Article 6(a) shall be carried out on all plots in the dormancy period.
- The reference for the first inventory under Regulation (EC) 2152/2003 shall be dormancy period of the winter 2004/2005 and shall be repeated in a five year interval.
- The Commission will now consider whether, once a court has ordered a publicly owned establishment to pay a sum of money, and the order is no longer open to appeal, it is legally possible for the establishment to be allowed to fall into dormancy, with the result that the claim will never be honoured, as the French authorities contend.