- hem in fish with stakes and nets so as to prevent them from going back into the sea with the ebb
- Every tide has its ebb.
- His popularity was at a low ebb.
- The tide is on the ebb.
- Relations between us seem to be on the ebb.
- Sarah was at a low ebb for several weeks after her mother died.
- ‘Efficiency Base ballast’ (EBb) means the relationship between the rated lamp power (Plamp) and the ballast efficiency.
- The request was lodged on 30 June 2010 by the European Biodiesel Board (EBB) on behalf of the Union producers of biodiesel.