- The criminal was sent into exile.
- The exile yearned for his home.
- Santa Ana was living in exile in Cuba.
- Napoleon lived in exile on the island of Elba.
- Won't exile be better for you than the hate of the citizens?
- No one shall be subjected to arbitrary arrest, detention or exile.
- "How dare you exile me at the end of this sentence?" asked Tom.
- Deposed in a military coup in September 2006 and having effectively been in exile, the Former premier of Thailand Thaksin has returned after about a year and a half.