- fully extended or stretched forth
"an extended telescope"
"his extended legs reached almost across the small room"
- beyond the literal or primary sense
"`hot off the press' shows an extended sense of `hot'"
- He extended his right arm.
- She extended her stay by five days.
- We extended a wire between two posts.
- The cold weather extended into April.
- Recently communism has extended its power.
- Tom extended his stay by three days.
- Dad extended his legs on the sofa.
- He extended many courtesies to me.
- She extended a warm welcome to them.
- We extended a hearty welcome to them.
- He extended the knowledge of biochemistry.
- They extended their territory by conquest.
- We extended the meeting another 10 minutes.
- The park was extended to the river.
- The old woman extended a loving hand to the children.