- criticize harshly, usually via an electronic medium
"the person who posted an inflammatory message got flamed"
- be in flames or aflame
"The sky seemed to flame in the Hawaiian sunset"
- Brightest flame burns quickest
- The flame went out.
- Tom turned down the flame.
- The city was all flame.
- Turn the flame down low.
- The flame has begun to fade.
- The smoldering firewood burst into flame.
- Sulfur burns with a blue flame.
- Life is a flame that death extinguishes.
- He fanned the fire into flame.
- The eternal flame of love burned only half a year.
- A small spark often kindles a large flame.
- Are we about to have a flame war?
- The flame flickered for a moment, then died out.
- The candle's flame is flickering in the soft breeze.