providence by virtue of planning prudently for the future
seeing ahead; knowing in advance; foreseeing
- He congratulates himself on his foresight.
- Jessie praised Charles for his foresight.
- Clear foresight contributed greatly to his success.
- They blamed me for my lack of foresight.
- The general had 20/20 hindsight about the defeat, but no foresight at all.
- Technology Foresight
- Foresight activities
- Mutual learning and cooperation between national and/or regional foresight initiatives; cooperation between EU, third country and international foresight initiatives.
- In 2009 the PTS invested in technology foresight consulting services, notably to develop and apply bibliometric analysis to two technology foresight topics.
- Consultations with relevant ethics committees should be part of such foresight exercises as appropriate.
- The consolidation, development and dissemination of science and technology foresight methods will also be promoted at European level.
- The analysis of technology, socioeconomic drivers, externalities and governance, sustainability impact assessment as well as foresight studies, will be included.
- Foresight on research systems and policies in Europe and elsewhere and on the future of key actors involved.
- This technology foresight has the aim to provide the information and analysis that are necessary to remain at the forefront of verification science in the foreseeable future.
- The initial funding will cover the costs related to developing and supporting the best ideas of the ISS09 and to technology foresight.