- als eerste genoemd
- referring to the first of two things or persons mentioned (or the earlier one or ones of several)
"the novel was made into a film in 1943 and again in 1967; I prefer the former version to the latter one"
- the first of two or the first mentioned of two
"Tom and Dick were both heroes but only the former is remembered today"
- Tom is former NYPD.
- Tom is former FBI.
- Tom is former CIA.
- Tom is a former paratrooper.
- Kyoto is Japan's former capital.
- Tom is Mary's former husband.
- Kyoto was the former capital of Japan.
- Kyoto is the former capital of Japan.
- The former kings are not forgotten.
- Tom is one of our former clients.
- He's a former president of the country.
- The former President's death was announced.
- Our former home was in Sweden.
- He was a former United States Marine.
- I shook hands with the former student.