- physically weak
"an invalid's frail body"
- a basket for holding dried fruit (especially raisins or figs)
- He's become frail in his old age.
- My grandmother was gradually becoming forgetful and frail.
- He was too frail to play games outdoors.
- My grandmother is too frail now to get in and out of bed by herself.
- The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail — its roof may shake — the wind may blow through it — the storm may enter — the rain may enter — but the King of England cannot enter — all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement!