- het opgeven
- the act of forsaking
- a verbal act of admitting defeat
- We're giving up.
- I'm giving up smoking.
- Tom is giving up.
- I'm not giving up.
- Giving up isn't the answer.
- Tom felt like giving up.
- She's giving herself up to love.
- Tom had no intention of giving up.
- Yet giving up is not impossible.
- I didn't say I was giving up.
- I can't believe you're giving up.
- He's giving himself up to drink.
- She felt like giving up the plan.
- Giving up drinking for a year is healthy.
- The kidnapers showed no sign of giving up.