- direct or strongly influence the behavior of
"His belief in God governs his conduct"
- How could we govern others when we cannot govern ourselves?
- That made him govern himself.
- They wanted the right to govern themselves.
- You must learn to govern your temper.
- It's a difficult country to govern.
- To govern a country is no easy job.
- In Great Britain the king reigns, but does not govern.
- They that govern the most make the least noise.
- To govern a country is not an easy job.
- He that would govern others, first should be master of himself.
- Which is the best government? That which teaches us to govern ourselves.
- Those who labour with their minds govern others; those who labour with their strength are governed by others.
- In the strict sense of the term, a true democracy has never existed, and never will exist. It is against natural order that the great number should govern and that the few should be governed.
- If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. In framing a government which is to be administered by men over men, the great difficulty lies in this: you must first enable the government to control the governed; and in the next place oblige it to control itself.
- govern responsibility for misuse of the right of information; or