a belief that rejects the orthodox tenets of a religion
any opinions or doctrines at variance with the official or orthodox position
- As for the accusations of heresy: here, the evidence is much weaker.
- All this worldly wisdom was once the unamiable heresy of some wise man.
- As for the accusations of heresy, here the evidence is much weaker.
- As for the accusations of heresy--here, the evidence is much weaker.
- Instead of being esteemed for these discoveries, he was sentenced to renounce them, or the opinions resulting from them, as a damnable heresy.