- niet officieel; niet officieel
- not formal
"conservative people unaccustomed to informal dress"
"an informal free-and-easy manner"
- used of spoken and written language
- Today's party is informal.
- It's quite an informal meeting.
- It was an informal meeting.
- It was only an informal party.
- Esperanto is an 'informal', constructed language.
- My American classes are more informal.
- Decide if being formal or informal before starting to write.
- Women's Liberation is a broad-based but informal popular movement.
- Informal diction is always full of mystery and surrealism.
- Japanese speakers of English often have difficulty in dealing with informal conversation, such as at parties or in small informal groups.
- The school uniform is convenient because it can be worn for both informal and formal occasions.
- In those days, or at any rate in Cambridge, laboratory life was rather informal.
- In informal, everyday speech, the word "literally" is often used incorrectly as an intensifier.
- Once you have reached informal agreement, you should enter into a contract with the other party.
- This implies a fun and relaxed working atmosphere where team achievement is highly valued, communication is extremely important and traditional 3-hour meetings have been replaced by informal chats in the queue for coffee.