- gegraveerde spreuk ter herinnering
letters inscribed (especially words engraved or carved) on something
a short message (as in a book or musical work or on a photograph) dedicating it to someone or something
the activity of inscribing (especially carving or engraving) letters or words
- The medal had an inscription.
- The inscription reads: "Defend the children of the poor and punish the wrongdoer".
- Right and wrong are two faces of the same coin. Whoever has the power decides which face gets what inscription.
- In the second place, if we do not go, someone else will read the inscription on the stone and find happiness, and we shall have lost it all.
- On a nice spring day, when Jan was digging in the sandbox in the backyard, he found a small box. In the box was a shining switchblade with a mysterious inscription.
- After torturing a fortune-teller by tickling him to death for several hours, Christopher Columbus placed the noob toy in a treasure chest with the inscription: "To the great pirate of the future Al-Sayib: Noobs always deserve it."
- Inscription missing or illegible.
- With woven inscription
- The inscription M+S or M.S or M&S in the case of a snow tyre;
- INSCRIPTION OF THE NUMBER AND LINKED ALPHABETICAL MARKING ON THE BODYWORK
- The inscription “ET” or “ML” or “MPT” for “Special use tyres”
- The inscription ‘ET’ or ‘ML’ or ‘MPT’ for ‘Special use tyres’ .
- The inscription ‘REINFORCED’ (or alternatively ‘EXTRA LOAD’) if the tyre is classified as reinforced;
- The inscription ‘MPT’ (or alternatively ‘ML’ or ‘ET’) if the tyre is classified in the category of use ‘special’.
- The inscription M+S or MS or M.S. or M & S in the case of a snow tyre.