- the final statement in a verbal argument
"she always gets the last word"
- an authoritative statement
"my doctor has the last word on the medicines I take"
- His last word let everybody down.
- Women will have the last word.
- I didn't say my last word!
- Charlie decided to cross out the last word.
- He would be the last man to break his word.
- You can have the last word with a woman, on the condition that it is yes.
- Tom is irritating because he always has to have the last word in any argument.
- Tom knew well that in all the sentences, the last word would always be for Mary.
- Some people seem to always want to have the last word.
- Tom is the kind of person who always has to have the last word.
- Tom is the type of person who always has to have the last word.
- This idiot of Tom should have guessed that the last word in this sentence would of course be for Mary.
- Information sometimes varies dramatically according to format: my news feed truncated the last word of the headline "Ex-boyfriend backs Cain accuser".
- In Martin Luther King's "I have a dream" and the folk song, "Last night I had the strangest dream," the word "dream" refers to a future different and better than today.
- The date of the last day of the period of the visa holder’s authorised stay is entered after the word ‘TO’ and is written in the same way as the first date.