- producing offspring or set aside especially for producing offspring
"the breeding population"
"retained a few bulls for breeding purposes"
- Birth is much, breeding is more.
- This chemical will prevent germs from breeding.
- He is breeding cattle on his farm.
- To my knowledge, this chemical will prevent germs from breeding.
- It's a puppy mill, not a proper breeding place.
- He is a man of birth and breeding.
- To the best of my knowledge, this chemical will prevent germs from breeding.
- A few months later they return to their breeding grounds in the Arctic.
- Not until the end of the nineteenth century, did plant breeding become a scientific discipline.
- What a surprise! The onsen lodge had turned into a fish breeding farm.
- In late August, they set off on a long journey for breeding.
- Cattle breeding is one of the farmer's occupations and the animals are carefully selected according to their breed.
- The Chinese government has spent a lot of money on research into successful panda breeding in order to increase their birth rate.
- Just as the female ant after coition loses her wings, which then become superfluous, nay, dangerous for breeding purposes, so for the most part does a woman lose her beauty after giving birth to one or two children; and probably for the same reasons.