to lie in
- be in confinement for childbirth
- The trouble may lie in the engine.
- He did nothing but lie in bed all day.
- A man's worth does not lie in what he has, but in what he is.
- Next time, lie to me. In this case, I'd rather not have known the truth.
- As you make your bed, so you must lie in it.
- She said she was ill in bed, which was a lie.
- Lie to me again. In this case I'd prefer not to know the truth.
- The boys do not sit on benches in the garden, but lie on the soft grass.
- You look pale. You had better lie down in bed at once.
- The lie got him in trouble when his boss found out the truth.
- That world where people lie to each other leaves me in despair!
- The results of a lie detector test are inadmissible in court.
- If you make your bed, you've got to lie in it.
- The true value of a man does not lie in what he has.
- Sometimes I like a lie-in until noon on Sunday mornings.