- voertuig dat een trein trekt of duwt
- a wheeled vehicle consisting of a self-propelled engine that is used to draw trains along railway tracks
- Burning as a fuel in an engine of an aircraft, hovercraft, mechanically propelled vehicle, railway locomotive, ship or other vessel
- Without prejudice to Article 7a and to Article 9(3g) and (3h), replacement engines, except for railcar, locomotive and inland waterway vessel propulsion engines, shall comply with the limit values that the engine to be replaced had to meet when originally placed on the market.
- engines designed for the propulsion of locomotives which are self-propelled pieces of on-track equipment designed for moving or propelling cars that are designed to carry freight, passengers and other equipment, but which themselves are not designed or intended to carry freight, passengers (other than those operating the locomotive) or other equipment. Any auxiliary engine or engine intended to power equipment designed to perform maintenance or construction work on the tracks is not classified under this paragraph but under A(i).’