- eenzaamheid, afzondering, isolement, teruggetrokkenheid
the state of being alone in solitary isolation
sadness resulting from being forsaken or abandoned
a disposition toward being alone
- I don't handle loneliness well.
- Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness.
- The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself.
- Loneliness and being alone are not the same thing.
- Staring in the smudged mirror, he was not certain if his affliction was loneliness or madness.
- Lonely people perpetuate their own loneliness through their fear of others.
- The loneliness and drabness of working away from people are fatal to his best effort.
- His loneliness was as deep as the blue of the ocean around his dugout canoe.
- Social media have made us more densely networked than ever. Yet new research suggests that we have never been lonelier and that this loneliness is making us mentally and physically ill.
- Only the assumption that the reader - I better say: the prospective reader, because for the moment there is not the slightest prospect, that my writing could see the lights of publicity, - unless it miraculously left our endangered fortress Europe and brought a hint of the secrets of our loneliness to those outside; - I beg to be allowed to begin anew: only because I anticipate the wish to be told casually about the who and what of the writer, I send some few notes on my own individuum out before these openings, - of course not without the awareness that exactly by doing so I might provoke doubts in the reader, that he is in the right hands, which is to say: if I, from all my being, am the right man for a task to which maybe the heart pulls me more than any qualifying relation in character.
- It offers emotional support to callers suffering from loneliness, in a state of psychological crisis, or contemplating suicide.