- a system of means and activities whereby a social institution functions
"the complex machinery of negotiation"
"the machinery of command labored and brought forth an order"
- Efficient machinery replaced manual labor.
- Machinery dispenses with much labor.
- Our factory needs a lot of machinery.
- Machinery robs work of creative interest.
- Machinery uses a lot of electricity.
- Something must be wrong with the machinery.
- The machinery was produced by American company.
- Agony in the era of machinery is not attributed to machinery itself.
- The firm decided to do away with the old machinery.
- The factory decided to do away with the old machinery.
- An old worker was found repairing machinery in the workshop.
- We specialize in the import of machinery parts.
- The company asked the bank to loan them some money to buy new machinery.
- Then arose the question of where we were to get the necessary machinery.
- The human space explorers could not make sense of the well-preserved ancient alien machinery.