- Tom remained motionless.
- Tom is motionless.
- The man lay motionless.
- Tom stood motionless, listening carefully.
- A cat jumped onto the chair and lay motionless.
- He stood motionless, like a pillar of salt.
- A dog jumped onto the chair and lay motionless for five minutes.
- The tree stands motionless, clothed in twilight, thickly bedecked with dewdrops.
- These special characteristics explain its preference for still-hunting (lying motionless beside a seal's breathing hole, waiting for one to surface).
- After having caught sight of her, he fell into a huge confusion of thoughts, was motionless and, in one word, turned to stone.
- One who not long ago thought he had control over something is suddenly lying motionless in a wooden box, and when everyone around sees that such a person is no longer good for anything, they simply burned him up in an oven.