- free from noticeable current
"a still pond"
"still waters run deep"
- used of pictures; of a single or static photograph not presented so as to create the illusion of motion; or representing objects not capable of motion
"a still photograph"
"Cezanne's still life of apples"
- not sparkling
"a still wine"
"still mineral water"
- a static photograph (especially one taken from a movie and used for advertising purposes)
"he wanted some stills for a magazine ad"
- without moving or making a sound
"he sat still as a statue"
"time stood still"
- with reference to action or condition; without change, interruption, or cessation
"it's still warm outside"
"will you still love me when we're old and grey?"