- by contrast; on the other hand
"the first part was easy; the second, however, took hours"
- in whatever way or manner
"Victory, however it was brought about, was sweet"
"however he did it, it was very clever"
- to whatever degree or extent
"The results, however general, are important"
"they have begun, however reluctantly, to acknowledge the legitimacy of some of the opposition's concerns"
- However bad it is...
- You are wrong, however.
- However much I like!
- That's a rarity, however.
- Do however you like.
- However, you have to queue...
- However, it is too expensive.
- However, I have no money.
- However the disciples awoke to that danger.
- However, the close-ups were excellent.
- However, this has not always been true.
- Pam doesn't use the word "drive", however.
- You may act however you wish.
- However, the quantity was not correct.