people living near one another
- omgeving, buurt, contreie, contreien, omstreek
a surrounding or nearby region
- Our school is in a good neighbourhood.
- Mrs Ogawa is familiar with this neighbourhood.
- Sigh, this used to be a nice neighbourhood.
- Last night there was a big fire in the neighbourhood.
- Tom and Mary live in a seedy rundown neighbourhood.
- The price was in the neighbourhood of 50 dollars.
- Incidentally a motorway ramp is being constructed in the neighbourhood, a few hundred metres away, of my clinic.
- Hence the importance of the Barcelona Process and the European Neighbourhood Policy.
- According to the IAU, a "dwarf planet" is a celestial body that (a) is in orbit around the Sun, (b) has sufficient mass for its self-gravity to overcome rigid body forces so that it assumes a hydrostatic equilibrium (nearly round) shape, (c) has not cleared the neighbourhood around its orbit, and (d) is not a satellite.
- NEIGHBOURHOOD AND PARTNERSHIP COUNTRIES
- Neighbourhood And Partnership Countries
- Stage 1: Neighbourhood analysis
- Seeking better neighbourhood/less crime.
- Strengthen regional cooperation and good neighbourhood relations.
- Neighbourhood and Partnership countries: EUR 12400 million;