having branches or flower heads that bend downward
- Tom is nodding.
- I have a nodding acquaintance with her.
- You are nodding over your work.
- Tom has a nodding acquaintance with Mary.
- I have a nodding acquaintance with him.
- You kept nodding off during that lecture, didn't you?
- You were nodding off at times during my lecture.
- I have a nodding acquaintance with Mr Smith.
- I have a nodding acquaintance with Mr. Smith.
- Please answer either by nodding or shaking your head.
- People communicate approval by nodding, by clapping their hands, by smiling or laughing.
- I didn't get much sleep last night so I was nodding off all day at work.
- For example in Bulgaria, shaking one’s head means yes while nodding one’s head means no.