- the generally accepted perspective of a particular discipline at a given time
"he framed the problem within the psychoanalytic paradigm"
- Would it tally with my rhyme, if I mentioned paradigm?
- We need to postulate a completely different paradigm to explain all these phenomena.
- The reduction of subsidies to the Cultural Heritage sector requires the adoption of a new paradigm.
- My neighbour thinks that people do not know what to expect in increased awareness of outer space because it could cause a paradigm shift in society.
- Should single-housing in a small enclosure be necessary, because of a special experimental paradigm, the duration and extent of confinement should be justified by the experimenter, balancing the likely effect on the well-being of the animal against the scientific value and requirements of the experiment.
- Hydrogen and fuel cells are energy technologies that can bring about a paradigm shift in the way Europe produces and uses energy, offering massive development potential towards long-term independent sustainable energy supply and providing Europe with a crucial competitive edge.
- Energy research will facilitate reversing these trends, striking a balance between increasing the efficiency, affordability, acceptability and security of existing technologies and sources of energy, whilst simultaneously aiming at a longer-term paradigm shift in the way Europe generates and consumes energy.
- The reports emphasised the importance of creating closer links between Community programmes and policy developments in education and training, expressed the wish that Community action should be structured so as to respond better to the lifelong learning paradigm, and pressed for a simpler, more user-friendly and more flexible approach to implementing such action.