- evidence proving that you are who you say you are; evidence establishing that you are among the group of people already known to the system; recognition by the system leads to acceptance
"a system for positive identification can prevent the use of a single identity by several people"
- Correct identification as positive (or indeterminate), not negative
- Positive inhibition, such as a titre within 2 to 3 log2 of a positive control, with polyclonal antisera specific for H5 or H7 subtypes of influenza A may serve as a preliminary identification enabling the imposition of interim control measures.
- A positive identification of R. solanacearum is achieved if the PCR amplicons are the same size and have the same restriction fragment length polymorphisms as for the positive control strain.
- A positive identification of C. m. subsp.sepedonicus is achieved if the PCR amplicons are the same size and have the same restriction fragment length polymorphisms as for the positive control strain.
- Consider turning on forward facing deck lights to draw attention to your vessel and aid positive identification by arriving military forces as a vessel under attack.
- determine whether or not the isolate is of H5 or H7 subtype, positive identification requires implementation of the control measures for LPAI of H5 and H7 subtypes;
- Before August 1996, the identification system for cattle in the United Kingdom was insufficient to allow reliable tracing of animals and accurate identification of cohorts of BSE-positive cases.
- It involves a rapid screening test, isolation of the pathogen from infected vascular tissue on (selective) medium and, in case of a positive result, identification of the culture as Ralstonia solanacearum.
- It involves a rapid screening test, isolation of the pathogen from infected vascular tissue on diagnostic media and, in case of a positive result, identification of the culture as C. m. subsp. sepedonicus.
- It involves a rapid screening test, isolation of the pathogen from infected vascular tissue on diagnostic media and, in case of a positive result, identification of the culture as C. m. subsp. sepedonicus. potato tuber(s) or potato plant(s) with symptoms
- Each Member State shall ensure that if a positive identification (hit) occurs against the Interpol database its competent authorities shall take action in accordance with their national law, e.g. verify, when appropriate, the correctness of the data with the country that introduced the data.
- The purpose of the processing is strictly limited to testing the CAPPS II system and interfaces and, except in emergency situations involving the positive identification of a known terrorist or individual with established connections to terrorism, is not to have any operational consequences.
- The two conditions to be met before the possible lifting of the United Kingdom embargo could be envisaged, were an incidence of less than 200 BSE cases per million adult bovine animals and a positive conclusion from the Food and Veterinary Office (FVO) inspection as to the enforcement of BSE controls in the United Kingdom, and its state of preparedness to comply with Community legislation particularly in relation to identification and registration of bovine animals and testing.
- they were subjected to a serological test according to the OIE Terrestrial Manual to detect antibodies against the bluetongue virus serotype, with positive results; the test must be carried out at least 30 days before the date of the movement and the animals were subjected to an agent identification test according to the OIE Terrestrial Manual, with negative results, carried out not earlier than seven days before the date of the movement.