- enter into and control, as of emotions or ideas
"What possessed you to buy this house?"
"A terrible rage possessed her"
- Ordinary people possess enormous power.
- How much money does he possess?
- Those who possess nothing lose nothing.
- How many books do you possess?
- I possess three kinds of video-game machines.
- Pussy, hussy and possess, Desert, but desert, address.
- Someday, I would like to possess a sailboat.
- Happiness does not consist of how much you possess.
- These hot springs possess properties for healing wounds.
- Your possessions possess you and will hardly make you less dependant.
- An understanding of people is the greatest weapon you can possess.
- Can you tell us what quality that you possess is the most outstanding?
- It is the things that we do not possess which seem to us most desirable.
- Do you think that those superheroes are endowed with talents we don't possess?
- Do you think it should be legal for citizens to possess a gun?