- the head of a religious order; in an abbey the prior is next below the abbot
- I have a prior engagement.
- This happened prior to receiving your letter.
- The defendant has no prior convictions.
- Prior to the meeting, they had dinner.
- It happened prior to my arrival.
- All the arrangements should be made prior to our departure.
- Prior to your arrival, he left for London.
- Please blow your nose prior to seeing me.
- He had an injection prior to the operation.
- Prior learning of the alphabet is very helpful.
- Prior planning and preparation prevents piss poor performance.
- I'm sorry, but I have a prior engagement.
- You may not set up a roadside stall without prior notice.
- The information was given away to the newspaper prior to the announcement.
- Be sure to check in at least 45 minutes prior to departure time.