- engaged in a profession or engaging in as a profession or means of livelihood
"the professional man or woman possesses distinctive qualifications"
"began her professional career after the Olympics"
- of or relating to or suitable as a profession
"a professional field such as law"
- engaged in by members of a profession
"professional occupations include medicine and the law and teaching"
- of or relating to a profession
"we need professional advice"
- characteristic of or befitting a profession or one engaged in a profession
- She's a professional photographer.
- He's a professional photographer.
- He is almost professional.
- Tom is a professional.
- They're professional singers.
- I'm not a professional.
- Mary is a professional dancer.
- Tom is a professional dancer.
- They became professional soccer players.
- His singing outdoes a professional.
- His professional career was bankrupt.
- Do you have professional experience?
- Tom is a professional killer.
- The same is true of professional baseball.
- Your singing puts professional singers to shame.