- take over (a company) by buying a controlling interest of its stock
"T. Boone Pickens raided many large companies"
- search for something needed or desired
"Our babysitter raided our refrigerator"
- Tom and Mary ran into the air-raid shelter.
- The bandits made a raid on the village.
- Some said his raid was an act of war.
- RAID-1 achieves redundancy by mirroring data on several disks.
- They shot down two enemy planes during the raid.
- Hardware RAID is not managed directly by the operating system but by a dedicated card, called a RAID controller.
- RAID-1 focuses on reliability, at the expense of storage size.
- Redundant Array of Independent Disk (RAID)