- the act of entering some territory or domain (often in large numbers)
"the incursion of television into the American living room"
- the mistake of incurring liability or blame
- We exorcise you, every unclean spirit, every satanic power, every incursion of the infernal adversary, every legion, every congregation and diabolical sect.
- The incursion of bluetongue into Belgium, Germany, France, Luxembourg and the Netherlands is unprecedented.
- Vaccination against a particular bluetongue serotype has to be considered an emergency measure when it is implemented for the first time in a territory after the incursion of a new serotype.
- To permit authorisation of vaccines against antigenically variable viruses in a way that ensures that the most effective measures can be taken swiftly by the Community against the incursion or spread of epizootic diseases, the concept of multi-strain dossier should be introduced.
- To limit the negative consequences of that incursion, it is necessary that the most up-to-update scientific knowledge is made available to veterinarians, in order to enhance the passive clinical surveillance based on rapid identification and notification of suspicions, that constitute an essential part of the bluetongue contingency plans.