to rain out
prevent or interrupt due to rain
- It's pissing rain out there!
- Stay out of the rain.
- The rain prevented me from going out.
- Let's get out of the rain.
- Let's get out of this rain.
- Rain or snow, out you go.
- He went out in the rain.
- Let the rain drown out your sorrow.
- He went out prepared for rain.
- The field is crying out for rain.
- The rain discouraged us from going out.
- The rain kept us from going out.
- If it doesn't rain, let's go out.
- Going out in this rain is out of the question.
- When the rain stopped, he went out for a walk.