- geen zorg dragen voor; verwaarlozen
- fail to do something; leave something undone
"She failed to notice that her child was no longer in his crib"
"The secretary failed to call the customer and the company lost the account"
- mislukken; mislukken; mislopen; lopend scheef maken; lopend verslijten; verkeerd gaan
- be unsuccessful
"Where do today's public schools fail?"
"The attempt to rescue the hostages failed miserably"
- be unable
"I fail to understand your motives"
- fall short in what is expected
"She failed in her obligations as a good daughter-in-law"
"We must not fail his obligation to the victims of the Holocaust"
- judge unacceptable
"The teacher failed six students"
- become bankrupt or insolvent; fail financially and close
"A number of banks failed that year"
- get worse
- We'll fail.
- Tom will fail.
- You always fail.
- I'll never fail you.
- What if I fail?
- He will probably fail.
- I'm going to fail.
- I won't fail you.
- Words fail me.
- Don't fail me, Tom.
- We will not fail.
- Did he fail again?
- We can't fail.
- We didn't fail.
- You will fail.