- loss of excess weight (as by dieting); becoming slimmer
"a doctor supervised her reducing"
- She went on a reducing diet.
- Karaoke is good for reducing stress.
- The 5% topical solution was ineffective at reducing eczema outbreaks.
- Paying the national debt could mean reducing the average income.
- His good nature seems to fulfill the role of reducing the family's trouble.
- Reducing the budget deficit is a major concern of the government.
- Corporations are downsizing and reducing the amount of profits they put back into R&D.
- This article analyzes both the benefits and the drawbacks of reducing military spending.
- The reduction in obstetricians and gynecologists is a reflection of the decrease in births, thus reducing need for medical care.
- The second is the affinity with environment. By utilizing natural energy and reducing wastes, we have to make houses which harmonize with ecology.
- The WHO has a plan to reduce the harmful use of alcohol. It includes raising taxes on alcohol, reducing the number of places to buy alcohol and raising the drinking age. Officials say other measures include effective drunk driving laws and banning some alcohol advertising.