a message refusing to accept something that is offered
- These conditions amount to refusal.
- He gave a flat refusal.
- He gave a firm refusal.
- I interpreted her silence as a refusal.
- His reply was in effect a refusal.
- His answer amounts to a refusal.
- Your refusal to help complicated matters.
- He was so adamant in his refusal.
- He gave a flat refusal to his mother's request.
- She gave a flat refusal to my offer.
- A strike is a mass refusal to work by a body of employees.
- I had expected an outright refusal, but to my surprise she agreed.
- What she wants to say just adds up to a refusal.
- REFUSAL OF TYPE-APPROVAL