- gebrek aan goede wil
- a certain degree of unwillingness
"a reluctance to commit himself"
- (physics) opposition to magnetic flux (analogous to electric resistance)
- I can understand your reluctance.
- He feels no reluctance in acknowledging errors.
- We noticed his reluctance to testify.
- I don't understand his reluctance to go.
- He showed a great reluctance to help me.
- Tom doesn't understand Mary's reluctance to go out with his brother.
- Japanese students seem not merely to be extremely reserved, but to have at times almost a complete reluctance to speak.
- Most marmosets and tamarins show reluctance to descend to the ground and frequently scent-mark their environment.
- The reluctance of Polish farmers is also increased by the absence of provisions on compensation for agricultural losses resulting from the uncontrolled crossing of varieties.
- The lack of technical assistance, a fear expressed by some customers to motivate their reluctance to imports, could be overcome by a local sales and technical support network.
- This is also reflected by the reluctance and near absence of private investors to provide seed capital, which implies no or very limited risk of crowding-out.
- The main reason is not a lack of quality in the investment opportunities themselves but the increasing reluctance of venture funding to make small investments in such ventures.
- Foraging devices, which stimulate the natural behaviour of the animals, should be suspended or presented in the upper part of the enclosure, in consideration of the reluctance of the animals to descend to ground level.
- At the Annual Meetings, the subscribing States noted that the reasons behind the reluctance of non-subscribing States to subscribe to the Code vary extensively, from general lack of awareness and understanding of the Code to more political reasons.
- ring-shaped motor stators for multiphase AC hysteresis (or reluctance) motors for synchronous operation within a vacuum in the frequency range of 600 to 2000 Hz and a power range of 50 to 1000 Volt-Amps;