- het onderdrukken van emoties
- (psychiatry) the classical defense mechanism that protects you from impulses or ideas that would cause anxiety by preventing them from becoming conscious
- the act of repressing; control by holding down
"his goal was the repression of insolence"
- The seed of revolution is repression.
- From this point we go on to an even more detailed examination of the concept of repression.
- You assume we are all sexually stable; while on the other hand, as I have become acquainted with people, I find that they are all perverted sinners, one way or another, that the whole society is corrupt and rotten and repressed and unconscious that it exhibits its repression in various forms of social sadism.
- Implicated in repression of popular movements.
- Implicated in the repression of March 2004.
- Equipment for internal repression referred to in Article 1(2)
- Implicated in the repression of 25 March 2004.
- Equipment for internal repression envisaged by Article 1(2)
- List of equipment which might be used for internal repression
- List of equipment which might be used for internal repression as referred to in Article 3
- Implicated in violent repression of the popular risings of February, November and December 2010.
- Implicated in the repression of the popular risings of February, November and December 2010.
- List of equipment which might be used for internal repression as referred to in Articles 1(1), 2 and 4
- For these purposes, technology or equipment which might be used for internal repression will include, inter alia, technology or equipment where there is evidence of the use of this or similar technology or equipment for internal repression by the proposed end-user, or where there is reason to believe that the technology or equipment will be diverted from its stated end-use or end-user and used for internal repression.
- on a European Union military operation to contribute to the deterrence, prevention and repression of acts of piracy and armed robbery off the Somali coast