someone who reads manuscripts and judges their suitability for publication
a writer who reports and analyzes events of the day
- The reviewer is sharply critical of the novel.
- The gentleman with his pipe in his mouth is a famous reviewer.
- The book reviewer who detects a missing comma, immediately feels elevated to the level of the writer.
- Applicants may be allowed by the relevant Guide for Applicants to make a request that a specific person  would not act as peer reviewer in the evaluation of their proposal.
- ‘inspector’ means a reviewer, who meets the requirements set out in point (d) of the first subparagraph of Article 29(1) of Directive 2006/43/EC, is employed by a public oversight authority or another appropriate body to which execution of inspections has been delegated;