to ring up
- to perform and record a sale on a cash register
- Please ring him up.
- I'll ring you up tonight.
- Why not ring her up now?
- I'll ring you up at seven this evening.
- Could you ring up these books for me?
- Tell him either to call on me or to ring me up.
- I don't want you to ring me up all the time.
- The worried housewife heard the telephone ring and quickly picked up the receiver.
- Egg-shaped finials made up of a mixture of 75 % crushed natural stone and 25 % polyester, with a metal ring at one end to enable a curtain rail to be inserted in it.