- a loss entailed by giving up or selling something at less than its value
"he had to sell his car at a considerable sacrifice"
- personnel that are sacrificed (e.g., surrendered or lost in order to gain an objective)
- kill or destroy
"The animals were sacrificed after the experiment"
"The general had to sacrifice several soldiers to save the regiment"
- We sacrifice a lot.
- Nobody appreciated his sacrifice.
- His death was a sublime self-sacrifice.
- I can't let you sacrifice yourself.
- Your sacrifice was not in vain.
- They killed a goat as a sacrifice to the gods.
- They killed a goat as a sacrifice to God.
- This job postion demands a lot of personal sacrifice.
- They killed this goat as a sacrifice to God.
- How can I sacrifice myself for something I don't believe in?
- Would it be ethical to sacrifice one person to save many?
- He sold his goods at a sacrifice to close down his business.
- Making a choice always means making a sacrifice, giving up one thing for another.
- All gods demand sacrifice. Good gods have you give up selfishness. Bad gods want blood.
- It can't happen without you, without a new spirit of service, a new spirit of sacrifice.