- (van besloten ruimten) veel ruimte biedend
(of buildings and rooms) having ample space
"a spacious ballroom"
very large in expanse or scope
"a spacious view"
- This penthouse is spacious.
- This house is very spacious.
- The room is spacious and light.
- Their dining room is very spacious.
- Father made our living room more spacious.
- Spacious apartments in Tokyo are hard to come by.
- The children occupied the large and spacious classroom.
- The spacious plain spread as far as the eye can see, dotted with groves here and there.
- Rows of houses, each of them different and pleasing with their spacious gardens, are replaced by purely functional blocks of flats which have nothing more to commend them than over-praised 'modern conveniences'.