- I ran a splinter into my finger.
- Tom tried to get the splinter out of Mary's finger.
- I can't get this splinter out of my finger.
- Tom had a splinter in his finger, so he asked Mary to help him get it out.
- Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things. Among them are H. L. Hunt (you possibly know his background), a few other Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional politician or business man from other areas. Their number is negligible and they are stupid.
- Where necessary, it must be possible to fit the device with splinter guard(s) and the appropriate guard(s) must be provided by the manufacturer of the machinery.