- consisting of or containing starch
- Cucumbers, spinach, broccoli and onions are considered non-starchy vegetables.
- Parsnips, squash, carrots, peas and sweet potatoes are considered starchy vegetables.
- Processed cereal-based foods are prepared primarily from one or more milled cereals and/or starchy root products.
- Zea Mays Gluten Protein is a protein obtained from the starchy endospermum of corn, Zea mays, Gramineae
- The amount of cereal and/or starchy root shall not be less than 25 % of the final mixture on a dry weight for weight basis.