- of, affecting, or being on or near the surface
"the superficial area of the wall"
- concerned with or comprehending only what is apparent or obvious; not deep or penetrating emotionally or intellectually
"a superficial mind"
- Mary is quite superficial.
- What a superficial answer!
- She is materialistic and superficial.
- I am a deeply superficial person.
- He has a superficial knowledge of navigation.
- There are a number of superficial reasons.
- Don't be so superficial about such serious issues.
- He has only a superficial knowledge of Japanese.
- He has only a superficial knowledge of the subject.
- You have to acquire real skills, not just superficial knowledge.
- He has only a superficial knowledge of the matter.
- One must have conviction in law, or its existence will be superficial only.
- We know that you're superficial enough to be happy about this gift.
- Somebody who wavers between hope and fear over superficial things should not be appointed to a management position.
- If you have a complaint let me hear it. There's a difference between superficial obedience and honest loyalty you know.